SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196648 - 08/09/06 08:04 AM Style for "Let me entertain you"
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Hello guys, I'm looking for a yamaha style for the song "Let me entertain you" by Robbie Williams. I've tried every style on my DGX, but nothing seems to fit the song.. I found a couple of good styles for "Feel" and "Angels" on Musiciansroom.net but nothing for this song. So if anyone of you guys out there has a style I can use? Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Doc-Z

PS. My email is espen(a)sandelarsen.com
change the (a) to a @

#196649 - 08/09/06 08:47 AM Re: Style for "Let me entertain you"
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I had the same trouble finding a style for this song so I ended up having to do my own custom one. Only thing is on the T2 it's not using any of the normal preset sounds, each part is calling up a TVN which is a sound I've created on the voice editor and I've also saved all of the mixer settings into a registration. There must be one on the net somewhere for this popular song?

#196650 - 08/09/06 08:57 AM Re: Style for "Let me entertain you"
MrEd Offline

Hey Doc,
I have a 3000 and I don't know what styles are common with your DGX but there is something else you might want to try.

Look thru the song index from psrtutorial.com.
The index is set up nicely where style name and keyboard model are listed for each song entry.
song index

If the song is not listed, you can reference other songs where the style would be similar to your song.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-09-2006).]

#196651 - 08/09/06 09:34 AM Re: Style for "Let me entertain you"
Dnj Offline

Doc....Sometimes an elusive styles for a song emerges....when all else fails what I do is to take a style that is close to what I need and then thru the Style creator either swap parts from other styles or even record new parts so that it will accomodate my needs....just a thought.

good luck

#196652 - 08/11/06 02:04 AM Re: Style for "Let me entertain you"
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Thanks for your input.. however no luck with that song list, it didn't have that song on it, and I can't think of a simular song. And since my dgx doesn't have style editing capabilities I'm fresh out of options. Well I guess I'll drop the song and put in something else.

Thanks anyways

Doc-z

#196653 - 08/11/06 05:27 AM Re: Style for "Let me entertain you"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Before you give up, I would suggest that you go through every style on your keyboard, without regard to the genre, and try each at the appropreate speed. Sometimes if you keep an open mind, a style you would least suspect will work for a song.
For example I use an Irish Jig style for a particular country song (Battle of New Orleans), and it works almost perfectly.
Just a thought.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online